Glob

« November 2004 | Main | January 2005 »

December 29, 2004

Lisboa 12.29.04

lisboawatchtower.JPG

It was good to see the original watch tower that the Essauria, Morocco watch tower was modeled after, quite a difference.

Posted by follett at 01:11 PM | Comments (1)

December 28, 2004

Rhonda 12.28.04

rhondaviaduct.jpg

The Rhonda Viaduct stands in a huge gorge in Rhonda. An amazing structure in an amazing landscape. Bullfighting apparently originated here. I did not see any Bulls, I think they were hibernating, it was cold there, I actually had to buy a hat and wool socks.

Posted by follett at 01:16 PM | Comments (2)

December 25, 2004

Christmas Day, Picasso's Corner, Malaga

christmas2004.JPG

I reccommend to everyone this hostel. A great Christmas day. We drank and ate all day long. My favorite place I have stayed on my trip. I will never forget everyone that stayed there, dear friends. The scarf I recieved from Santa still keeps me warm. I stayed on the couch and watch movie for a week after Morocco, I was so exhausted.

Posted by follett at 08:33 AM | Comments (2)

December 24, 2004

Malaga 12.24.04

malaga2.JPG

This church is a very sculptural element in the old streets of Malaga.

Posted by follett at 01:46 PM | Comments (2158)

December 22, 2004

Leaving Morocco 12.22.04

africtip.JPG

A view from the ferry looking back at the Africa tip of Tangier, Morocco.

Posted by follett at 02:20 PM | Comments (0)

December 19, 2004

Chechaouenne Street 12.19.04

chechaouenestreet2.JPG

The streets in Chechaoenne are exagerated in form to accomodate the steep terrain and the public spaces programatic needs. Streets become at points narrow as the body and then bulge to accomodate the needs of a neighborhood oven.

Posted by follett at 01:37 PM | Comments (0)

December 18, 2004

Chechaouenne 12.18.04

chchndrsb.JPG

My favorite town in Morocco, a peaceful little town in the mountains.

Posted by follett at 02:24 PM | Comments (1)

December 14, 2004

Volubilis Roman Town 12.14.04

volubilisarch2.jpg

Volubilis Triumphal Arch, very well preserved.

Posted by follett at 01:33 PM | Comments (0)

December 10, 2004

Rabat Tower 12.10.04

RBTtower.jpg

The Rabat tower as survived earth quakes and the constant salty winds of the Atlantic. A Heroic anchor that holds the city of Rabat in place.

Posted by follett at 01:37 PM | Comments (0)

December 07, 2004

Meknes 12.07.04

meknesgate.jpg

The Manseur Gate sits at the front of the main plaza in the Meknes Medina.

Posted by follett at 01:29 PM | Comments (0)

December 05, 2004

Fes Borj 12.05.05

fscstl22b.JPG

This is a defence tower in Fes. The exterior looks like any other defence building, but the interior is magnificent. The space are subtrated form the solid shape with Islamic forms, increadible. The light was amazing.

Posted by follett at 01:24 PM | Comments (463)

El Jedida Portugese Cistern 12.05.04

cisternsketch.jpg

This Portugese Cistern is a spiritual center for the town. Everyone in the town passes through its halls at somepoint in the day to gain a little peace in their day. A truely Heroic Room.

Posted by follett at 01:13 PM | Comments (0)

Cistern 12.05.04

eljadidacistern5b.JPG

Posted by follett at 11:29 AM | Comments (1)

December 03, 2004

Essaouria Watch Tower 12.03.04

essriatwr.jpg

The Essaouria Watch Towers serve as a gateway to the town. A very Heroic Entry to a fortified little town where the walls are now enhabitants by the artist's studios.

Posted by follett at 01:18 PM | Comments (0)

MAIN ROOM